Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I've had enough of the KG bashing.


KG has always been intense, and his on the court antics are a well known aspect of his game. However, it seems like everyday now a new person is coming out of the woodwork with something negative to say about KG and his behavior. Here are some recent examples:

Alvin Gentry: "I used to be a big fan of Kevin Garnett. Some of the antics he's pulled lately, you don't need to do that as a star player. I've never seen Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, or even a Dwyane Wade do that... If you're asking me, yeah, I lost a little respect for him."

Spike Lee: "Kevin Garnett lost it. He was cursing me out for no reason. Maybe because Stoudemire gave him 39 points, but take that vulgarity to Stoudemire. I did not even say sh*t to Garnett the whole game... He needs to calm the f*** down."

Eduardo Najera: "He did elbow me in the face at the end. I just told him he hits like my Grandma."

The list goes on and on here- Joakim Noah, Andrew Bogut, Andray Blatche- blah blah blah.

To all these stans, I only have this to say: You just wish he was on your team. You might think his antics have no place in the game of basketball, but I think it's your antics that have no place. If you think KG crossed a line- okay. But Alvin Gentry and the Suns won the game when KG tapped Channing Frye in the balls. Eduardo Najera and the Bobcats won last night, when KG allegedly elbowed Najera. If you don't like it, let your play do the talking. KG acts crazy on the court, but he never uses the media to publicly disrespect someone. It's childish and inappropriate. This is not to say that I think KG should have free reign to do whatever crazy stuff he wants during the game- but it's the job of the refs to control that, and they do- he gets T'd up and told to sit down. At the end of the day, part of what makes him so great is that intensity. As a Celtics fan, I'm gonna stand by my man here, through the good, the bad, and the ugly.

No comments:

Post a Comment