Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Jermaine O'Neal: "I’m going to play tomorrow."

Jermaine O'Neal participated in a full practice tomorrow and, according to Julian Benbow, he is optimistic about his return: "I told them the plan is to play back-to-back games, the plan is to play as many minutes as I can without limitation.”

Doc Rivers also expressed a measured amount of enthusiasm about Jermaine's return:
"I thought his quickness and his activity [were surprising]," Rivers said. "He didn't surprise me where he didn't pick up some stuff. I don't blame him for that, but I was happy. I was very happy with it."

I, for one, (as has been previously discussed on this blog) have not given up on Jermaine. Obviously it will take some time for him to get back in to the swing of things, but I still maintain that for the limited role the Celtics need from him, he will be able to deliver. So consider me on #TeamJO. Also, irregardless of if he will be able to fully meld with the team (but who is fully melding on this team right now anyway?), he will still be a 7 footer who can come in and provide physicality in the middle that is desperately needed.

P.S.: Also participating fully in practice for the first time in a long time was Von Wafer. No word on if he's playing tomorrow or not, but it's a good sign that he's participating in full contact activities. I never thought I'd say this, but it'll be good to have him back.

No comments:

Post a Comment